Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Linguini in Clam Sauce My Way

            The other day at the supermarket I was in the mood of dumping random cans into my shopping cart for no good reason, one of these cans was preserved baby clams. I continued up and down the aisles getting the other items I needed, all along keeping an eye on the can of clams and thinking what could I do with it. Then the thought came to my head, how about make linguini in clam sauce. Since I was already in the supermarket, I went to the pasta booth and picked up a package of fresh linguini.

             I had a red pepper in my refrigerator from a previous week, so to spice things up a little I decided to add that into the equation as well. I started out by boiling a pot of water, and adding a little salt, to cook the linguini. Since it was fresh pasta, it only took about twelve minutes to cook. I strained the water out and let the pasta cool off for a moment, while that happened I started to heat up the clams. I took a frying pan, greased the bottom of it with olive oil, and dumped out about half of the can of baby clams onto it. Once those started cooking, I added the linguini into the frying pan as well as poured the rest of the baby clams on top of the linguini pile. Then came the additional ingrediants such as a can of tomato sauce and the red pepper I cut into slices. I used a simple fork to mix everything up and stir the linguini in the pan. I let it cook for about ten minutes, and when I saw that the baby clam pieces were starting to stick to the bottom of the pan, I knew it was done.

            I'm happy I didn't knock a can of tuna into my shopping cart, otherwise I would have been clueless on what to do with it...







No comments:

Post a Comment