Saturday, December 24, 2011

Back in America at Full Force

            Instead of having time to adjust from a lifestyle in Haiti to living in America, I was thrown into a pit of fire immediately. Mainly due to the fact that its the Holiday Season and I had to cram all my Christmas shopping in on day, as well as I had about three weeks worth of bills on hold at the post office just waiting for my triumphant return.

            I could've started my shopping one day sooner and made things less hectic for myself, but on my first day back I was pretty wiped out from the travel, so I just ate Chinese food for lunch and fell asleep on my couch for most of the day. The next day was to be different, my goal was to get it all done in one big swoop. The only problem is that it seemed like the rest of the planet also picked yesterday to do their shopping. I started the day with a hearty meal at TGI Fridays which consisted of a 8oz flat-iron steak and a mudslide. From there it was Macy's, Sears, JC Penny's, and finally Party City to buy wrapping paper. The lines at all these places were long and moving at a snail's pace. I took a peek into K-Mart for some small gift ideas, but it wasn't even worth going in as it was at max capacity. Out of all the stores, I must give praise to Sears for coming through on variety, price, and having the least amount of people in there for shorter lines.

             I think celebrating Christmas should be changed from exchanging gifts to simply eating Chinese food and falling asleep on a couch, costs a heck of alot less...


1 comment:

  1. You did very very well. Merry Chrismas
    http://fabulosityreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete