Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Spaghetti to Satisfy Meat and Veggie Lovers

            This afternoon I was conflicted on what to do for lunch, either go out and get something or stay in and cook something. I was close to choosing going, but then the last second a box of spaghetti caught my eye and got the wheels in my head turning. I knew I had some groundmeat in the freezer, but I also had an assortment of vegetables such as peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Not sure how to go about it, I decided to try throwing them all together and see what happens.

            The groundmeat was frozen solid, so the first step was placing it in a short pot with a little water and covering it up. While the meat de-frosted and cooked in the pot, I chopped up a green pepper, a few mushrooms, a small onion, and a little piece of garlic. I opened the pot again and noticed the meat was cooking quite well, so I took a folk to break it up until it was small pieces of chopped meat. I added flavor to the meat by adding some black pepper, salt, oregano, and finally some chicken bouillon, then let it cook more. The next step was getting the spaghetti cooked, so I filled a taller pot with water, sprinkled in some salt, and let the water boil for about ten minutes before adding the pasta. The meat was done and ready before the spaghetti was, so I just let the meat sit in the short pot. When the spaghetti was ready, I strained out the water and dumped it into the short pot. I also placed the chopped vegetables in the short pot and poured some tomato sauce on top, now everything was together in the one pot. I took the folk and mixed everything up a little before placing the cover back on the pot and letting it all cook for another ten minutes. When it was done, I had a balanced mix of spaghetti with meat and vegetables.

             Where would have I found this if I had decided to go out instead...






No comments:

Post a Comment